Oh.my.god. This Sushi salad was SO good! I took this quick snapshot with my iPhone because I just couldn’t wait on starting this food fest.
When being pregnant you have to miss out on lots of delicious food, one of them being sushi –my favorite-. But when you’re craving something you have to be creative and that’s where Pinterest comes in. I found this delicious recipe on sushi salad, but I din’t have all the ingredients so I did my own take on it. I also don’t respond well to rice lately, so I replaced the sushi rice with red quinoa. It was so damn good I can eat this everyday for the rest of my pregnancy.
Of course if you’re not pregnant, but
are too lazy have no time to make sushi you can also make this salad. You can replace the surimi for raw salmon, tuna; actually anything you like.
What you need:
– Surimi sticks (or crab, lobster, shrimps, tuna, salmon, whatever)
– 1/2 Cucumber
– 1 Avocado
– Sesame seeds
– Wasabi mayonaise
– Regular mayonaise
– 1 lemon
– Nori leaves
– (red) Quinoa
What to do:
1. Start by cooking the quinoa as it says on the package
2. In the meantime roast the sesame seeds in a hot dry pan
3. Take 1 teaspoon of wasabi mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of regular mayonnaise and the juice of the lemon to make the dressing. Meanwhile; keep an eye on those sesame seeds. They should be done by now, so let them cool of a bit
4. When the quinoa is done, rinse it off with cold water and let it leak out in the fridge for about 20 minutes
5. Cut the cucumber and avocado into pieces and shred the surimi sticks
6. Cut the nori leaves into small pieces
7. Mix everything together and toss in a bowl