A couple years ago a certain girl named Blair Waldorf set the record straight about capes. You have to have one! Just google ‘Blair Waldorf cape’ if you never watched Gossip Girl (which you should start NOW then) or if you never payed attention during the show ;).
Anyway, capes are the way to go this Fall. Easy to throw on over any outfit and gives a sophisticated look to whatever you are wearing. I selected a couple of my favorites and now it’s down to making a decision. Which color or material? Oh boy, decisions decisions…
Model image | Netaporter
Here’s a little sneak preview of what I’ve been up to this weekend. Well, not everything I’ve been doing this weekend. I also went to a wedding dress fitting at the most beautiful bridal store in Amsterdam. We haven’t set a date for the wedding yet, but since I never saw myself in a weddingdress, it was hard to picture myself in one. The fitting –and the gorgeous dresses– definitely helped and it was super fun as well!
Anyway, here’s a preview of the two DIY I did this weekend, can’t wait to show you everything!
When coming home after a long workday I don’t always want to spend hours in the kitchen before settling myself down for a quiet night in. When I came across (long live Pinterest) this easy pasta recipe I tried it the same evening. I changed the recipe a little bit to my liking and boy, was it good! This is my recipe for a super easy, pure, healthy (?) pasta.
And if you have any leftovers; don’t toss them away! I saved my leftovers for the next day, added some more spinach salad and had a delicious pasta salad for lunch!
What you need for 2
– 200 gr pasta
– 8 tomatoes (they can be super ripe)
– Italian dried herbs (Oragano, Basil, etc)
– Shrimps (I used garlic shrimps)
– Creme fraiche
– Spinach salad mix
– 1 union
– pepper & salt
– Parmesan cheese
What to do
1. Boil 500 ml of water in a pan. In the meantime cut the union. Take 4 of the 8 tomatoes and cut them into parts.
2. Puree the rest of the tomatoes, and while mixing, add one tablespoon of creme fraiche and the dried herbs (and pepper and salt) of your choice.
3. Add the union to the pan and wait for it to turn a bit transparent. Then add the sliced tomato and pureed tomato to it.
4. The whole mixture is a bit ‘watery’ now, so reduce the sauce until it’s thicker. In the meantime your water is boiling and you can cook your pasta all dente.
5. When your tomato mixture is a solid sauce, add the shrimps and 3 tablespoons of creme fraiche.
6. Drain your pasta and add to the tomato mixture. Toss around and add the parmesan. At last add the spinach salad mix (as much as you like) and toss around one last time.
7. Plate up and enjoy your meal!
Just after watching the last episode of Gossip Girl I realized I had no more series to watch. Don’t worry, I started watching episode 1 right after the final one, but I mean a new series. I started to do some research online and found myself some proper candidates for a new addiction. Watch and read with me (and please tell me your thoughts, so I won’t end up getting addicted to a show that’s destined to get cancelled).
1. The Carrie Diaries.
I was addicted (read: still am) to Sex and the City, watched every episode a gazillion times and relate real life events to scenes from SatC. I know. But, to soothe the pain, CW came up with a prequel of SatC: The Carrie Diaries. It’s about Carries life when she first came to New York.
To be honest; I have mixed feelings about this one. I don’t know if they can create the same magic as they did with SatC, but of course I’m going to find out when it premieres!
Girls is something I have to watch according to my sister and her friend. It’s said to be a rather ‘dark’ comedy about girls in their twenties struggling trough everything in life. Seems the perfect series after Gossip Girl, where everything is perfect. Which I love by the way.
I’ll keep you posted!
3. 2 Broke Girls
I watched season 1 of 2 Broke Girls and loved it! It’s about 2 girls; one who’s been broke all her life and the other who lost all her (dads) millions. They try to make a cupcake business but not without any troubles of course. I never got the time to watch season 2 though, don’t ask me why since I usually make time for a series I love, but since I got a free hour to spend now GG ended I have no excuse but to watch season 2.