When I wanted to make pancakes for breakfast, I could never ever imagine they’d turn out as delicious as they did. Without any eggs or milk in my refrigerator I had no other option than making (almost) vegan pancakes.
I search the web –Pinterest– for recipes and found one that replaced the milk for greek yoghurt, bonus, because that’s what I did have in my fridge. I also found what I could use as a substitute for eggs (bananas or flax seed with water) so that’s how my accidentally vegan pancakes came to life.
Recipe (for 3 american sized pancakes):
– 1 tablespoon of flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water (this replaces 1 egg)
– 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 cup flour
– Blueberries and some other fruit (I just used what was in the freezer pack of fruit)
I used no baking powder, which I don’t think is necessary since the flax seed give the pancakes enough body.
What to do
1. Put the flax seed and the water in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the greek yoghurt and flour and mix it thoroughly with the flaxseed mix
3. Pour the blueberries into the mixture and with a fork smash them apart and mix with the rest of the mixture
4. Take a medium sized pan (with a little bit olive oil in it) and with put 1/3 of the mixture into the pan
5. When one side is browned well, turn the pancake around and wait till the other side is nicely browned as well. This should take about 3-4 minutes per side. Just keep a close eye so you’re pancakes won’t burn.
I made the pancakes one at a time and kept the waiting ones warm between two plates, but you can make all 3 together in a larger sized pan if you want.
6. After all your pancakes are ready, pour some fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) on top and enjoy!